Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
For those keeping up with our website, you will know that last time we began to address the issue of lighting within a home. This is a major component of home selling, and one that can easily fall by the wayside when the home-selling process really gets underway. Today we want to again hammer home the concept that lighting is one of the most important components in the possible sale of your home, and one that you would do well to not ignore.
Our last post dealt with windows & drapes. Specifically, we talked about cleaning, replacing, and generally tending to the sources of direct sunlight entering your home. Unfortunately, not everyone has the luxury of living in a place where the sun streams through the eastern facing windows in the morning and then through the western facing ones at the end of the day. In fact, it is entirely possible that your home has windows that look out onto a dark alley, or that the sun manages to arc just so that it never actually hits any of your windows full on.
If you find yourself in this situation, don’t despair! There are still plenty of things that you can do to ensure that your home is bright and cozy-looking for all prospective buyers.
First off, it is still worthwhile to clean the windows and wash/replace the curtains. Even if you don’t get direct sunlight, the freshness that clean windows and curtains impart to a home is key.
Once that’s finished, it’s time to look at the lighting fixtures. Examine your overhead lights and your standing lamps. Are they old? Dirty? Do they give off a soft light or are they fitted with a harsh high-watt bulb? You’ll be surprised at just how much the look and feel of your rooms will change after you begin to go through and replace the antiquated and dingy fixtures with things that are more modern and clean.
New lamps don’t need to be excessively costly or ornate. In fact, the simpler the better on this one as it is important for prospective buyers to be able to see themselves living in the home but with their own tastes incorporated into the design scheme. You will be happy you spend some time and a little money to improve the lighting as soon as the door opens and prospective buyers enter the space.
- Home Improvements
- Discover Your Homes Value
- Increasing Your Homes Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Simple Home Repairs
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.