Tips for Handling Storage While Staging
A well-staged home is a sight to behold. We walk between the perfectly laid out furniture and marvel at the elegance and simplicity. Or, rather, we don’t marvel at this because we don’t notice it much. Which is the point. The primary goal of home staging is to create an environment that is welcoming, cozy, home-like and completely ambient. Which means that it carries with it very little personality of the people actually living in the home at the time when the home is sold.
If you are a homeowner looking to sell, then you are likely in a position where the staging of your home is a priority. While the end result is a lovely setting through which potential buyers can wander and imagine themselves, the path to this result is neither clear nor easy. When one walks through a staged home the one thing that does not emerge is personality. This means that for a while, during a period of time when you might even be living there, the interior of your home might be devoid of all the things that make it yours. It is highly probable that these things do not make a small pile. It is, therefore, very possible that you are facing the issue of just what to do with this pile while you are waiting to move somewhere else.
The best-case scenario is that you’ve already bought a new place and can simply move it there, but most people are not in this luxurious position. The conversation then begins to focus on alternatives.
Not the most cost-effective, but definitely a way to move all non-essentials from the home and into another space for a limited period of time. Storage units have the added bonus of ensuring that all areas of the house can be safely explored by prospective buyers, from the living room to the basement.
While it is a hassle to get things up there and a hassle to get them down, attics do provide immediate storage in an area not likely to receive much scrutiny when the time comes for an open house.
Like attics, basements create some transportational difficulties, although often at a lesser degree. Unfortunately, they are also an area definitely included on the home tour, so things like boxes and totes will hamper – albeit in a limited way – the vision of prospective buyers. Basements also pose the risk of flooding, which means that your belongings might be in harm’s way unless properly secured.
Easiest when it comes to accessibility, garage storage also suffers from the same drawbacks as basements when it comes to visibility as well as exposure to the elements. Still, if you have the garage as an option then it might be your best alternative to a storage unit as it frees up the entire home without the stress of navigating creaky attic stairs.
If you chose the route of the attic, basement, or garage, be sure to let all prospective buyers know that, yes, you have found yourself needing to store some belongings for the time being, but that they will all certainly be absent from the home at the time of the sale.
- Home Improvements
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Discover Your Homes Value
- Increasing Your Homes Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Eliminating Home Odors Before Selling
- Dealing with Odors in Your Home
- Removing Pesky Home Odors
- Addressing Pet Damage Before Selling Your Home
- Potential Pet Problems During Home-Selling
- Repainting: Why and When it Matters
- The Importance of Repainting
- Simple Home Repairs
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
- The Difficulties of Home Selling Involving Children
- Fun with Flooring
- Economical Carpet Cleaning Choices
- Carpet Cleaning When Selling Your Home
- DIY Hardwood Floor Installations
- Making an Impression Using Windows
- Easy Window Prep for Home Selling
- Fixing Up Your Home’s Windows
- Tips for Handling Storage While Staging
- Clearing Snow Before Showing a Home
- Ice Management
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.