The Truth About Roofs
The roof. It hangs above us, protecting us from rain, snow, the harsh rays of the sun. When it does its job right, we forget that it’s even there. When the roof suddenly exhibits a problem though…then we become deeply attentive to its existence.
Many a home sale has been hindered by the presence of an old or poorly maintained roof. The truth of the matter is that while some people are fine gambling on the quality of a roof or are willing to pay for a roof replacement upon the purchase of a home, there are as many – if not more – who will be turned off if they discover the presence of something as large-scale as a roof replacement looming in their near future. As always, the best way to avoid losing a potential sale is to confront the problem head on.
In other words, it’s time to figure out if your roof needs to be replaced.
As you probably know, many different types of roofs exist. There are roofs with composition shingles, roofs with wood shingles, metal roofs, and even roofs made of rubber. Each different material has a different lifespan, something that is worth considering even before you make a full inspection of the roof. Asphalt shingles, for instance, will last anywhere from 15 to 30 years, while a roof made of metal is going to stay strong from 50 up to 75 years. Knowing what type of roof is on top of your home as well as when this roof was installed will definitely make the entire process easier. If you have composite shingles, for instance, that were installed in the 1980’s, then there is a really, really good chance that the roof needs to be pulled in replaced. If, on the other hand, your metal roof was installed in 1995 then you are very likely not looking at getting a new roof.
Of course, the real test of whether or not you might be looking at roof replacement involves inspecting the roof and all of the areas connected to the roof (such as an attic). REMEMBERING TO ALWAYS BE SAFE, climb on top of your roof with a flashlight and look for things like missing shingles, collected moisture, areas where the roof seems to sag, areas where the roof looks darker or where there is clear water damage. If you find any, then there is a chance that you are looking at a roof replacement.
- Home Improvements
- Discover Your Homes Value
- Increasing Your Homes Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Simple Home Repairs
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
- The Difficulties of Home Selling Involving Children
- Fun with Flooring
- Economical Carpet Cleaning Choices
- Carpet Cleaning When Selling Your Home
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.