The Process of Roof Replacements
Last time, we began to dive into the world of roofs, one of the most unrecognized parts of a home. Today, we are going to go even deeper, helping you navigate the pitfalls and perils of roof replacement and, as always, ensuring that you receive information that will help you maximize the potential of your home when it lands on the market.
If you’ve been traveling with us on this jaunt across the rooftops, then you will remember that we suggested climbing aboard your roof (SAFELY) and then examining it for things like missing shingles, dark patches, saggy spots, etc. We ended with something of a cliff hanger, stating that if you’ve noticed any of these things then there is a very good chance that you will be looking at a full roof replacement.
Our story continues:
Replacing a roof is not something that people want to think about, especially if they are about to move away from the home where the roof is about to be replaced. Few things are as unpleasant as shelling out several thousands of dollars without ever being able to enjoy the thing that one has just depleted their bank account for. To this, I will adapt a quote from Rilke: You must change your perspective! Yes, the expenses associated with repairing a roof are not enjoyable to contemplate, but consider the alternative. You leave the roof as it is, saggy/dark spots and all, and then have an open house. Prospective buyers come, look at all the pretty rooms, marvel at the natural sunlight, the clean fixtures, the tastefully laid out interior.
Someone, maybe several someones, make an offer.
You pick one of them, and the sale moves forward. As a part of the process, a home inspection is undertaken. The inspector looks at everything. The inspector looks at the roof. The inspector tells the prospective homeowners that everything looks great, except for the missing shingles, dark patches, saggy spots, etc. These, says the inspector, suggest a problem with the roof that will need to be resolved by anyone who buys the home.
The prospective buyer backs out of the sale. You are back to square one.
Selling a home can already be an agonizing and disorienting experience, but there are some things within your power to make it less so. The primary tool you, as the current homeowner, possess is the ability to make the house as desirable and sellable as possible. Part of this involves ensuring that things like the roof are in good condition. If you’ve noticed roof issues, don’t hope that they will slip beyond someone else’s attention. Fixing the issue will not only ensure drastically increased desirability of your home (potentially increasing the home’s value as well), it will also prevent you from possibly being involved in lawsuits due to a problem you could have solved.
- Home Improvements
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Discover Your Homes Value
- Increasing Your Homes Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Eliminating Home Odors Before Selling
- Dealing with Odors in Your Home
- Removing Pesky Home Odors
- Addressing Pet Damage Before Selling Your Home
- Potential Pet Problems During Home-Selling
- Repainting: Why and When it Matters
- The Importance of Repainting
- Should I Stay or Should I Go? Selling a Home in the Winter
- Winter Tricks for Home-Selling
- An Introduction to Selling Your Home in the Spring
- Preparing Garages and Sheds
- Self-Care for Home Sellers
- Simple Home Repairs
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
- The Difficulties of Home Selling Involving Children
- Fun with Flooring
- Economical Carpet Cleaning Choices
- Carpet Cleaning When Selling Your Home
- DIY Hardwood Floor Installations
- Making an Impression Using Windows
- Easy Window Prep for Home Selling
- Fixing Up Your Home’s Windows
- Tips for Handling Storage While Staging
- Clearing Snow Before Showing a Home
- Ice Management
- Thinking About Plants When Selling Your Home
- Caring for Complicated Cabinets
- Preparing Your Home’s Exterior for Spring
- Porch and Patio Renovations
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.