Staging a Home for Showing
It’s understandable: you’ve lived in this place for a long time, you’ve accumulated a lot of belongings, and these belongings are now scattered throughout the home. While this makes total sense if you aren’t planning on leaving, the odds are good that, if you are reading this, your situation is different.
For people looking to sell their homes, one of the biggest challenges is how to arrange the space so that prospective buyers can walk through, look around, and imagine themselves living there. This means that they can’t be inundated with too firm of your imprint on the space. Instead, there needs to be a tastefully balanced arrangement of belongings: not enough and a space can look cold and empty, too much and it seems like an irredeemable chaos. But don’t panic! We are here to provide you with some quick tips on how to arrange your space so it dances on this fine line between emptiness and noise.
What we are talking about is “staging” a home. This term is exactly what it sounds like: arranging your space to highlight its best attributes. Recent studies from the National Association of Realtors (NAR for short) indicate that just under 50% of buyers’ agents firmly believe that a staged home positively affects the opinions of the buyers. Additionally, 77% of buyers’ agents think that a staged home is the best way to help a potential buyer see themselves in the space.
So what is a staged home? If you’ve ever wandered through a furniture store like IKEA then you know. Every couch, every chair, every table placed in tasteful relation to one another. Depending on how much you own and how long you’ve lived in your home, it might be tricky to step back enough to find this balance, which is why many people will bring their realtor into the equation. A high-quality realtor will also be an expert in looking at a space and understanding how to arrange it to display its advantages. By working in concert with you, a realtor can help arrange one or more rooms in such a way to bring out its inherent charm, coziness, and desirability.
- Home Improvements
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Discover Your Homes Value
- Increasing Your Homes Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Eliminating Home Odors Before Selling
- Dealing with Odors in Your Home
- Removing Pesky Home Odors
- Addressing Pet Damage Before Selling Your Home
- Potential Pet Problems During Home-Selling
- Simple Home Repairs
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
- The Difficulties of Home Selling Involving Children
- Fun with Flooring
- Economical Carpet Cleaning Choices
- Carpet Cleaning When Selling Your Home
- DIY Hardwood Floor Installations
- Making an Impression Using Windows
- Easy Window Prep for Home Selling
- Fixing Up Your Home’s Windows
- Tips for Handling Storage While Staging
- Clearing Snow Before Showing a Home
- Ice Management
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.