Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
Taking care of a yard can feel overwhelming. Many of us know the feeling of looking at a neighbor’s home and wondering just how they got all of those beautiful plants, how their grass is not dead, why it seems as though life itself is just better over there. Well, today we want to do two things. The first is to reassure you that you are not alone in these feelings. The second is to give you some small bits of advice that can help transform your yard into a beautiful area where you can go to feel alive and satisfied.
There’s a good chance that the majority of your yard is taken up by a lawn (or by a patch of yellow stuff that is supposed to be a lawn). If the death of your grass has got you down, now is the time to shift the paradigm and regrow the green! The first thing is to purchase some grass seed. Along with the seed you will want to obtain some straw or other ground-covering material (straw is great because it is fairly cheap and also decomposes quite readily, making it something you won’t be cleaning out of you lawnmower next year).
Most grass seed suggests scattering it around in the late fall, which gives it the entire winter to germinate, but it isn’t the end of the world if you begin in the spring or the summer. Using a pitchfork, hoe, shovel, or other earth turning tool, score the dirt where you want to grow the grass. You want the ground to be crumbly and soft, but not as loose as, say, the dirt in a garden.
Once this is done, scatter the seeds in large handfuls over the area. Grass seed is one of the sorts of things in life that there really can’t be too much of, so go crazy and makes sure that the ground is well covered with seed. Then, with the straw or other ground-covering substance, cover the seeded area before soaking the area with water.
If you’ve decided to do this in the spring or summer, you want to make sure that the seeds never get the chance to fully try out. This is the main reason of the ground covering, but it is also a good idea to keep an eye on the seed and water as necessary.
- Home Improvements
- Discover Your Homes Value
- Increasing Your Homes Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Simple Home Repairs
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.