Ridding Your Home of Pests
Many will know the experience. You open the door to a basement or a pantry and something scurries away into the darkness. Or, you climb into an attic and hear a shuffling in the corner as something slips underneath the eaves. For some, the experience is even more unsettling: a shuffling within the walls, strange chirping sounds that are hard to pinpoint. Despite what daytime TV might lead you to believe, these ghoulish sounds shadows are not the work of ghosts. They are not the spirits of angry mothers, betrayed lovers, demons, or anything else from the supernatural realm. They are not monsters. They are rodents.
This might not be a consoling fact for many people as the fear of rodents runs perhaps even deeper than our fear of being haunted by a dead ancestor, but it is a fact that homes are far more likely to be shared with squirrels than they are with evil spirits. There are, however, some similarities between a rodent problem and ghosts. These come to the forefront as soon as it comes time to try and sell the home. It turns out that people are as wary of moving into a home inhabited by a large family of bats as they are moving into one possessed by a demonic presence.
If you are looking to sell your home but believe that you might have a rodent problem, there is good news. First and foremost, and unlike a paranormal haunting, there are clear solutions to clearing your home of unwanted rodents. No need to call for a priest, invest in expensive recording equipment, or stay awake with your eyes peeled to a pair of night vision goggles; you can now take care of the problem simply by calling a professional who will take care of the issue for you.
Like most other things having to do with home repair, this process is not free, but the benefits of taking care of rodent infestations before a home goes up for sale are many. From the ability to ask for a higher sale price to the safety of knowing that no one will come after you with a lawsuit after finding a colony of raccoons living in the attic, the list of reasons to deal with rodent and pest issues as soon as possible is long and compelling.
- Home Improvements
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Discover Your Homes Value
- Increasing Your Homes Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Eliminating Home Odors Before Selling
- Dealing with Odors in Your Home
- Removing Pesky Home Odors
- Addressing Pet Damage Before Selling Your Home
- Potential Pet Problems During Home-Selling
- Repainting: Why and When it Matters
- The Importance of Repainting
- Should I Stay or Should I Go? Selling a Home in the Winter
- Winter Tricks for Home-Selling
- An Introduction to Selling Your Home in the Spring
- Self-Care for Home Sellers
- Simple Home Repairs
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
- The Difficulties of Home Selling Involving Children
- Fun with Flooring
- Economical Carpet Cleaning Choices
- Carpet Cleaning When Selling Your Home
- DIY Hardwood Floor Installations
- Making an Impression Using Windows
- Easy Window Prep for Home Selling
- Fixing Up Your Home’s Windows
- Tips for Handling Storage While Staging
- Clearing Snow Before Showing a Home
- Ice Management
- Thinking About Plants When Selling Your Home
- Caring for Complicated Cabinets
- Preparing Your Home’s Exterior for Spring
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.