Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
Today we are continuing to explore a topic which affects many people without receiving nearly as much attention as it should: selling a home when children are involved. In our previous articles, we explored the introduction to the topic (which included the importance of talking to your children about the sale, the move, and all things connected with the process) as well as the need to prepare your home for showing by cleaning up some of the more kid-centric features of your home (painting over murals, reverting rooms to more neutral colors, etc). Today, we are going to continue on this topic and explore another important facet of the preparation process.
As children grow, they begin to acquire numerous belongings. These include clothing, utensils, toys, and other bric-a-brac that seems to, almost on its own, accumulate around a child like moons around a larger planet. While these things bring happiness – even if just for a moment – to kids, it is a fact that we discussed in our last article that they are not necessarily the sort of thing that you want inside of your home when you are preparing to stage the space for pictures and, eventually, an open house.
In order to make your space attractive to the widest possible spread of potential buyers, it is important to clear your space of the clutter, as difficult as that may be. A good first step is to put things into closets, chests, and other storage units that are within your home. However, you may find that even after doing this, you still have numerous items that simply do not have a more permanent home than just sitting on the living room floor.
If you find that this is your experience, then it might be worth your while to invest in a storage unit. These can be fixed-location units located within a larger storage facility or they can be storage pods that are able to be transported from your lawn to your own future home.
Having a designated storage space can cut down on much of the stress and anxiety associated with home selling with children as you will no longer need to constantly try and assess whether or not the space is clean enough and, if not, where to place all of the extra objects. You might even find yourself putting more than just the kids belongings inside of the units!
- Home Improvements
- Discover Your Homes Value
- Increasing Your Homes Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Simple Home Repairs
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
- The Difficulties of Home Selling Involving Children
- Fun with Flooring
- Economical Carpet Cleaning Choices
- Carpet Cleaning When Selling Your Home
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.