Preparing Garages and Sheds
Welcome back to our series of articles on preparing your home for a spring sale! We’re excited to continue on with this topic and offer you more tips and tricks when it comes to making your home the best it can be in order to wow potential buyers during the upcoming months.
In our last piece, we took a close look at ways to make the exterior of your home both safe and appealing as the ice and snow begin to melt and more and more of your yard becomes available for scrutiny. Today, we are going to move from the outside yard and discuss a feature of many homes that isn’t quite the indoors, but is also not commonly referred to as part of the yard. We are speaking here of garages and sheds!
While many homes have no garage or shed, many homes also do possess one or both of these features. If you fall into this latter category, then welcome! This one’s for you.
Winter salt and slush can make our car look like an off-road vehicle far more than we’d like to admit. And after a long drive through poor conditions, where does that car go? Into the garage, where this salt and slush begins to melt from the vehicle and across the garage floor. While it is great that the grime doesn’t stay as caked onto the car for long periods of time, this also means that your garage floor is likely a sorry sight by the end of the winter season.
Before people come to look at your home, consider using a hose to spray down the garage floor. This doesn’t need to be a hands-and-knees scrubbing exercise, but it can be helpful to just clean up the area a little. If a hose seems like too much or simply not possible, a large shop broom will do just fine. Be sure to wear some sort of face covering in order to protect yourself from the dust particles that will start flying about!
At the end of the fall, we often stop caring just where or how things go into our shed. This results in a large pile of tools, mowers, shovels, and other implements used to maintain the cleanliness of the yard but that are themselves in disarray. While the organization of your shed is not necessarily of the utmost importance, it can also definitely make your home more appealing. When people get a chance to peek into their potential future tool storage space, it is an added attraction if they don’t need to try and imagine it free of all the clutter.
Taking some time to tidy up a garage and/or shed is a small step towards making your entire home more desirable.
- Home Improvements
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Discover Your Homes Value
- Increasing Your Homes Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Eliminating Home Odors Before Selling
- Dealing with Odors in Your Home
- Removing Pesky Home Odors
- Addressing Pet Damage Before Selling Your Home
- Potential Pet Problems During Home-Selling
- Repainting: Why and When it Matters
- The Importance of Repainting
- Should I Stay or Should I Go? Selling a Home in the Winter
- Winter Tricks for Home-Selling
- An Introduction to Selling Your Home in the Spring
- Preparing Garages and Sheds
- Self-Care for Home Sellers
- Simple Home Repairs
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
- The Difficulties of Home Selling Involving Children
- Fun with Flooring
- Economical Carpet Cleaning Choices
- Carpet Cleaning When Selling Your Home
- DIY Hardwood Floor Installations
- Making an Impression Using Windows
- Easy Window Prep for Home Selling
- Fixing Up Your Home’s Windows
- Tips for Handling Storage While Staging
- Clearing Snow Before Showing a Home
- Ice Management
- Thinking About Plants When Selling Your Home
- Caring for Complicated Cabinets
- Preparing Your Home’s Exterior for Spring
- Porch and Patio Renovations
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.