Mold Testing & Remediation
If you’re following our article series on mold, then you’ve learned about the dangers of selling a home with a mold problem as well as how to go about discovering whether or not your home has a mold problem to begin with. Both issues are incredibly important and so both articles are worth reading (if you haven’t already) before continuing forward with today’s article.
Because you are now aware of the problems with mold, you might want to know how you might go about ridding it from your home. If this is true, you’ve come to the right place! Today, we are going to look at various things you can do if you’ve discovered mold in your home and want to make sure that it leaves and never returns.
Step One: Test!
The first thing to do, and we discussed this in our last article, is to get a professional mold inspection. This is a great idea if you even suspect that mold is present in your home. A mold inspector will come to your home and take numerous samples of the air from various locations. These samples will then be tested to discover whether or not there are dangerous mold spores floating in aggressive numbers throughout the rooms of your house.
Step Two: Remediate!
If the answer is, yes, there are, then the next step is for a full remediation process. One of the benefits of having your home professionally tested is that it is often the case that the same companies that do the testing will do the remediation, cutting down on the number of different people tromping through your home.
While neither the testing nor the remediation is cheap, both are essential steps to take if you want to ensure that your home is mold-free and ready to land on the market.
Mold remediation is a somewhat time-intensive procedure, and usually follows a standard two-step process. The first step lies in treating the mold with various chemicals, killing all of it and preventing it from spreading more spores. The second phase, also chemical based, is to treat the areas where the mold was seen growing in order to ensure that the toxic organisms do not return.
Keeping track of all that is being done with the mold remediation work is a very important element of this process. Prospective buyers will appreciate seeing the care you put into the place and knowing that their new home is going to be free of the negative health effects associated with mold growth. Full documentation will also protect you from any possible legal action that a buyer might try to make against you when it comes to the existence of mold.
Although spending more time and money on a home you are hoping to sell is nobody’s idea of a good time, it is vitally important to eradicate all traces of mold if you hope to receive the appropriate price for you home. The expense will prove itself to be well worth it.
- Home Improvements
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Discover Your Home's Value
- Increasing Your Home's Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Eliminating Home Odors Before Selling
- Dealing with Odors in Your Home
- Removing Pesky Home Odors
- Addressing Pet Damage Before Selling Your Home
- Potential Pet Problems During Home-Selling
- Repainting: Why and When it Matters
- The Importance of Repainting
- Should I Stay or Should I Go? Selling a Home in the Winter
- Winter Tricks for Home-Selling
- An Introduction to Selling Your Home in the Spring
- Preparing Garages and Sheds
- Self-Care for Home Sellers
- Simple Home Repairs
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
- The Difficulties of Home Selling Involving Children
- Fun with Flooring
- Economical Carpet Cleaning Choices
- Carpet Cleaning When Selling Your Home
- DIY Hardwood Floor Installations
- Making an Impression Using Windows
- Easy Window Prep for Home Selling
- Fixing Up Your Home’s Windows
- Tips for Handling Storage While Staging
- Clearing Snow Before Showing a Home
- Ice Management
- Thinking About Plants When Selling Your Home
- Caring for Complicated Cabinets
- Preparing Your Home’s Exterior for Spring
- Porch and Patio Renovations
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.