Making an Impression Using Windows
Eyes, as they say, are the windows to a person’s soul. We look into one another’s eyes for information about just what is going on in our hearts. Through the eyes, we hope to find out more than what the normal exterior reveals. The use of windows in this metaphor is no accident. Windows, though they’ve existed for many generations, remain a quasi-magical element of the modern home. Through them, one can perceive the world outside without actually being a part of that world. In the same way, the world outside is able to look through the windows as though into a theatrical set. Obviously, the purpose of windows is primarily for the former application, which is why curtains were invented.
Still, the windows of your house reveal a tremendous amount, almost as much as eyes, and it is therefore extremely important to care for these windows, especially if you are beginning to consider selling your home. When people look at pictures of your home on a real estate website or when they come in person to visit the location, one of the first impressions will come from the windows. While what we said above holds true (that the purpose of the windows is primarily for those inside looking out rather than the other way around), a fact still worth considering is that the windows from the outside must look inviting. In order to capture the hearts of your potential buyers from the very beginning, you want the condition of your windows to indicate that the interior of the home is cozy, comforting, gentle, and worth living in.
The first step when it comes to sprucing up your windows is to clean them. Because the buildup of dirt on windows occurs gradually, it can often come as a surprise that your windows might need cleaning at all, but once you begin you’ll find yourself amazed at the amount of grime that can accumulate. You might also find yourself amazed at just how clean a clean window can get.
Cleaning the windows is a key initial step for window maintenance. While engaged in the activity, you might find a number of other elements that require your attention, and we will go into addressing these in a later article, but for now you should gather together some newspaper, rags, and a safe window cleaning solution and begin to wipe down the glass.
- Home Improvements
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Discover Your Homes Value
- Increasing Your Homes Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Simple Home Repairs
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
- The Difficulties of Home Selling Involving Children
- Fun with Flooring
- Economical Carpet Cleaning Choices
- Carpet Cleaning When Selling Your Home
- DIY Hardwood Floor Installations
- Making an Impression Using Windows
- Easy Window Prep for Home Selling
- Fixing Up Your Home’s Windows
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.