Inspections and Pest Control: Concerns for Potential Home Buyers
When one attempts to sell a house, it can suddenly seem as though a structure that one once knew becomes a strange demon. When we live in them, a home’s various issues can easily become forgotten as we gradually grow used to something that, in someone else’s eyes, exists as a serious problem. These problems – which may have existed for years completely unnoticed – become readily apparent as soon as a home goes up for sale. It is a sad fact that many otherwise highly desirable houses can moulder on the market due to preventable or fixable issues.
Today, we are presenting the second of articles on major turn-offs for folks interested in purchasing houses. In our last article, we went into some detail on home orders and septic systems. In this article, we will discuss two more issues that must be taken care of if you wish to sell your home for its true value – or at all.
Water: The Wellspring of Life
Do you know where the water in your home comes from? The city’s supply? A well? If you’re scratching your head regarding the answer to this question, then it is strongly advisable that you do some quick research to unearth the answer.
Many homes, especially older ones or ones in rural areas, receive their water supply from a well located on the property. While many people tout the health benefits of wells, there are also some possible health issues connected with well water. If your home does receive its water from a well, it is essential that you have it inspected before putting your home on the market. This inspection will tell you if the well is functioning as it should and if the water is safe for consumption.
Why should you do this? Because if you have a well that needs repairs or is producing tainted water, almost no loan officer will help a prospective buyer to secure the needed funds to purchase the property.
There is no escaping the fact that animals like bugs and rodents will often seek out man-made structures for shelter. From one perspective, you could see this as nature’s way of complimenting us on a construction job well done. From another perspective, it is a health and structural hazard waiting to erupt.
While most homes have a small amount of pests residing within, there is a clear threshold for how much is too much. Similarly, while certain critters like ants don’t do much to rile up most people, the sight of termites, rats, bats, and mice are almost guaranteed to turn away even the most optimistic of home shoppers.
While the up-front expense of having a home inspected for pest control purposes is definitely not something anyone wants to pay for, it is essential if you hope to sell your home for what it is otherwise worth.
In short, hiring professionals to examine the quality of your water as well as rid your home of any pest infestations are two essential tasks if one is attempting to remain competitive in the home-selling market.
- Home Improvements
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Discover Your Homes Value
- Increasing Your Homes Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Eliminating Home Odors Before Selling
- Dealing with Odors in Your Home
- Removing Pesky Home Odors
- Addressing Pet Damage Before Selling Your Home
- Potential Pet Problems During Home-Selling
- Repainting: Why and When it Matters
- The Importance of Repainting
- Self-Care for Home Sellers
- Simple Home Repairs
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
- The Difficulties of Home Selling Involving Children
- Fun with Flooring
- Economical Carpet Cleaning Choices
- Carpet Cleaning When Selling Your Home
- DIY Hardwood Floor Installations
- Making an Impression Using Windows
- Easy Window Prep for Home Selling
- Fixing Up Your Home’s Windows
- Tips for Handling Storage While Staging
- Clearing Snow Before Showing a Home
- Ice Management
- Thinking About Plants When Selling Your Home
- Caring for Complicated Cabinets
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.