Improving & Updating Your Garage
Return with us to the subject of garages. We began last time with just a very brief introduction of the subject, simply geared to whet your appetite for further scintillating discussions of this topic. Today, we will dive a little further into this interesting topic and provide you with some advice when it comes to updating and improving your garage.
Like we suggested last time, the best way to begin with a garage is by looking around. The next best way to start understanding the current state of things is by cleaning. While nobody really enjoys the task, a deep cleaning of a garage will fulfill two different necessary tasks. First, it will make the space more open, inviting, and vibrant. Second, it will give you the opportunity to see exactly what is the current state of the building. Nothing reveals the true nature of a space more than a deep clean.
Now, what you might find as you work your way through the garage varies tremendously based on whether or not you’ve kept up with the garage’s natural aging or if you simply left well enough alone. Because the garage is not a place where we live, it is easy to forget it exists. If this is the case that you find yourself in, then you might be looking into a number of different needed improvements.
Does the bay door slide up easily? Is it automatic or manual? If the latter, consider investing a little in an electric door opener (making sure to have it installed correctly!). If the former, ensure that the apparatus works exactly as it should. There is a unique sort of frustration that comes from a garage door failing to open or close when it should, and you don’t want to find out if you’re in this situation when prospective buyers are standing in your driveway!
Lighting in a garage is certainly not as touchy as lighting within a house – after all, nobody expects a chandelier hanging above their lawnmower – but it is important that the lights work. Test the switches in the garage. Do all the lights turn on that are supposed to? If not, now is the time to change the bulbs or, if needed, call an electrician to ensure that the wiring is adequate.
Functionality and simplicity is the name of the game when it comes to garages, and by following some of the above tips you will find yourself in a much more confident position when buyers come around.
- Home Improvements
- Discover Your Homes Value
- Increasing Your Homes Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Simple Home Repairs
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
- The Difficulties of Home Selling Involving Children
- Fun with Flooring
- Economical Carpet Cleaning Choices
- Carpet Cleaning When Selling Your Home
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.