Home Improvements Making a Difference
If you are just starting to think about selling your home, then you are likely engaged in the experience of wondering what you can do in order to improve the space and increase the home’s value. We’ve written several articles already on the topic of making your home more desirable as well as making it get higher marks from an official home appraiser, and if you haven’t looked into those pieces then now might be a good time to just glance through in order to brush up on things like home appraisals and simple ways to improve the value of your home.
Today, we want to spend a little time exploring things you can do in order to improve the value of your home if you aren’t looking to sell it right away. While our previous articles on the topic of home sales focused primarily on smaller ideas and quickly-implementable tips, it is also the case that there are some larger projects which, if you have the time and resources, can dramatically improve the value of a home.
Most homes contain plenty of cabinets. These easily accessible storage spaces often receive only part of the attention they deserve, and this means that they can wind up becoming outdated almost without our realizing it. Take a good look at the cabinetry in your own home. Do they remind you of something out of a 90s catalogue? Modernizing your kitchen and bathroom cabinets is a great way to pull your home into the 21st century, making it far more desirable for prospective home buyers.
It seems like it was only a few years ago that everyone wanted thick, lush carpets covering all of the floors. The times have certainly changed, and these days, hardwood floors are what most people look for in a prospective home. Fortunately, many homes with carpet have beautiful hardwood floors slumbering peacefully just underneath. If you are in this position, it is absolutely worth the effort to pull up that carpet and then spend some time and energy refinishing the floor until it shines with that distinctive look that people looking to purchase a home so admire.
Is your bathtub tired and worn out? Does it have cracked and/or stained porcelain? Do you avoid taking baths because it involves sitting inside something that you aren’t even certain will retain the water? If you answered “yes” to any of the above, then you might very well benefit from either refinishing the tub or replacing it. Refinishing a tub can cost as little as $400, and it is a great option for those on tighter budgets who still want to spruce the bathroom up a little bit. If you are one of those for whom issues of money rarely arise, consider just replacing the dang thing!
These are but a few of the ways you can add some more value to your home, and, if you aren’t planning on moving tomorrow, you can enjoy some of the updates yourself!
- Home Improvements
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Discover Your Homes Value
- Increasing Your Homes Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Eliminating Home Odors Before Selling
- Dealing with Odors in Your Home
- Removing Pesky Home Odors
- Addressing Pet Damage Before Selling Your Home
- Potential Pet Problems During Home-Selling
- Repainting: Why and When it Matters
- The Importance of Repainting
- Should I Stay or Should I Go? Selling a Home in the Winter
- Winter Tricks for Home-Selling
- An Introduction to Selling Your Home in the Spring
- Preparing Garages and Sheds
- Self-Care for Home Sellers
- Simple Home Repairs
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
- The Difficulties of Home Selling Involving Children
- Fun with Flooring
- Economical Carpet Cleaning Choices
- Carpet Cleaning When Selling Your Home
- DIY Hardwood Floor Installations
- Making an Impression Using Windows
- Easy Window Prep for Home Selling
- Fixing Up Your Home’s Windows
- Tips for Handling Storage While Staging
- Clearing Snow Before Showing a Home
- Ice Management
- Thinking About Plants When Selling Your Home
- Caring for Complicated Cabinets
- Preparing Your Home’s Exterior for Spring
- Porch and Patio Renovations
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.