Fun with Flooring
If you have visited our website in the past, then you know we try to keep you fully engaged with topics related to home selling. We want to inform you regarding current trends, but also to give you helpful tips on how to maximize the value of your home. Today, we want to continue with our stated mission by offering you some helpful information regarding the floors in your home. This will be the first in a series of pieces, all of them focusing on floors and what to do with them when you are on the verge of listing your home for sale.
If your home was built during the 70’s or 80’s, there’s a good chance that you moved in to carpets. If you hope to sell your home in today’s market, carpets will make things somewhat tricky. It is not that selling a home with a carpet is not possible, just that people are more and more interested in hardwood floors. Over the next few articles, we are going to provide you with some options on what to do about your carpets. These options will range from the simple to the complex, from the cheap to the expensive, from the non-invasive to the the quasi-surgical. Don’t feel the need to do everything, just pick whichever option seems the most applicable to you and your situation.
To start, we will offer a very general outline of your options.
Obviously, you’ll be doing a lot of this if you want to sell your home. If you plan on keeping the carpets in the home, then you will definitely want to spend some quality time tending to them, removing the grime, and scrubbing the stains. There are many different ways to approach this project, and we will try and discuss them as this series continues.
If the dirt is just too much, or if the colors/patterns are too garish, replacing the carpet is certainly an option. This option is probably the least common as it involves investigating a significant amount in a product that is less and less in demand. The fact of the matter is that home buyers are currently more interested in hardwood than carpet, so if the condition of the carpet is significantly degraded from what it once was, you might want to simply look into the next option.
Hardwood is the flooring material of choice. Regardless of whether or not your carpets are in dreadful condition, you might want to consider ripping up the carpet and converting to hardwood anyway as it will significantly increase the value and desirability of your home.
We hope that this topic has whetted your appetite and that you will join us in the upcoming days as we offer more tips for what to do to your floors in order to ensure your home shines as brightly as possible!
- Home Improvements
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Discover Your Home's Value
- Increasing Your Home's Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Eliminating Home Odors Before Selling
- Dealing with Odors in Your Home
- Removing Pesky Home Odors
- Addressing Pet Damage Before Selling Your Home
- Potential Pet Problems During Home-Selling
- Repainting: Why and When it Matters
- The Importance of Repainting
- Should I Stay or Should I Go? Selling a Home in the Winter
- Winter Tricks for Home-Selling
- An Introduction to Selling Your Home in the Spring
- Preparing Garages and Sheds
- Self-Care for Home Sellers
- Simple Home Repairs
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
- The Difficulties of Home Selling Involving Children
- Fun with Flooring
- Economical Carpet Cleaning Choices
- Carpet Cleaning When Selling Your Home
- DIY Hardwood Floor Installations
- Making an Impression Using Windows
- Easy Window Prep for Home Selling
- Fixing Up Your Home’s Windows
- Tips for Handling Storage While Staging
- Clearing Snow Before Showing a Home
- Ice Management
- Thinking About Plants When Selling Your Home
- Caring for Complicated Cabinets
- Preparing Your Home’s Exterior for Spring
- Porch and Patio Renovations
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.