Fixing Up Your Home’s Windows
We’ve talked about cleaning the windows, we’ve talked about replacing the screens. Now, we are going to continue with this topic of windows and address some of the less simple tasks that might be associated with trying to maximize the desire of potential buyers for your home.
Before going on, we want to say that it is entirely possible that you did not find any noticeable problems while cleaning your windows. If you find yourself in this situation, congratulations! Your work here is done. The odds, however, are good that while performing the deep clean on your windows you discovered something, and that this something is telling you that you need to keep working before the window situation is entirely wrapped up.
We’ve discussed mold before, and anyone who read those posts will attest to its debilitating effects when it comes to selling a home. Mold occurs on and around windows due to two primary reasons.
- Bad ventilation
- Bad window seal
Bad ventilation will require that you add some sort of additional air flow to the home, be it through cleaning the air ducts, adding a ventilation fan, or some other method. A bad seal around the window could be a simple fix, or it might mean that the windows themselves were improperly installed. Either way, the presence of mold usually indicates that it might be time to contact a professional for assurance.
Many homeowners will find that the wood around the window, or perhaps even the wood on the window frame has succumbed to rot. This might be due to insects, or it could be the result of some other unknown factor, but either way it is imperative to remove the rotted wood and replace it with something durable and clean. Rotten wood in a home will never, no matter how much we pray, fix itself. Once the wood is rotten, it is rotten forever, and the only way to remedy the situation is to replace.
This is something that many people will choose to do themselves, and if you’re handy with tools and feel confident about taking on the responsibility, go ahead! It is, after all, your home. If, on the other hand, you feel as though this task might be the start of biting off more than you really want to chew, there are numerous professional companies that will gladly take the responsibility off of your shoulders.
- Home Improvements
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Discover Your Homes Value
- Increasing Your Homes Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Eliminating Home Odors Before Selling
- Dealing with Odors in Your Home
- Removing Pesky Home Odors
- Addressing Pet Damage Before Selling Your Home
- Potential Pet Problems During Home-Selling
- Repainting: Why and When it Matters
- The Importance of Repainting
- Simple Home Repairs
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
- The Difficulties of Home Selling Involving Children
- Fun with Flooring
- Economical Carpet Cleaning Choices
- Carpet Cleaning When Selling Your Home
- DIY Hardwood Floor Installations
- Making an Impression Using Windows
- Easy Window Prep for Home Selling
- Fixing Up Your Home’s Windows
- Tips for Handling Storage While Staging
- Clearing Snow Before Showing a Home
- Ice Management
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.