Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
We have spent a lot of time – quality time – on exploring various ways to spruce up your home in order to maximize its salability and appeal. In our articles, we have covered things such as home staging, home appraisals, yard maintenance, lighting, bathrooms, rugs, and windows. From the inside to the outside, we strive to make sure that you receive helpful information on just how to improve your home. There is, however, an area which we have yet to explore. This changes today!
Garages easily find themselves forgotten. Lying away from a home, not occupied, perpetually dark, it is not uncommon for homeowners looking to sell to engage in all manner of improvements to their homes and then to forget the presence of the garage. While the oversight is not uncommon, it is also something you will want to avoid if you are hoping to get anywhere close to the full asking price of your home.
Where to begin? For one thing, a garage must look nice. If your home sparkles and shines but then the garage looks as though it stepped out of Chernobyl, there’s a good chance that no one will even bother to go inside. This means that you will want to assess the exterior of the structure. Is the siding rotten? Are the windows intact? Do the gutters sag off of the roof? Are the shingles decaying? In many ways, the exterior of the garage is the most difficult part as there are numerous components, all identical – although in a diminutive fashion – to the components on the house itself.
The inside of a garage is, obviously, key. Fortunately, there is usually far less within a garage than within a home. For instance, you don’t need to worry about aesthetic lighting or hardwood floors, and you also don’t need to spend much time polishing fixtures or replacing the seal around a bathtub. What you do need to do, on the other hand, is clean.
Same as with the interior of a home, a garage should look well taken care of. Lots of cobwebs, dirt, mold, and dust will not necessarily turn off a potential buyer, but it will leave them asking themselves whether or not they really want to take on the extra work or if they would rather find somewhere else to call home.
- Home Improvements
- Discover Your Homes Value
- Increasing Your Homes Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Simple Home Repairs
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
- The Difficulties of Home Selling Involving Children
- Fun with Flooring
- Economical Carpet Cleaning Choices
- Carpet Cleaning When Selling Your Home
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.