Easy DIY Steps to Staging Your Home
When it comes to staging a home, not everyone wants to bring in a third party. Indeed, it is more cost effective if you simply choose to do so yourself, although by going with this option, you are, of course, losing the shrewd eye and expertise of a practiced stager. Regardless, if this is the path that you choose to take that is fine, and we want to provide you with some extra tips on home staging that can take some of the initial confusion and frustration out of the equation.
To begin with, Brightness Matters. While many of us like to live with the blinds drawn, it is essential that a shown home goes in the opposite direction. Pull back those curtains, open those blinds, and let the beautiful golden sun pour into your rooms. This will also serve to highlight certain areas that might need some extra attention before the first showing. Dull lampshades, dirty furniture, and stained carpet all need your attention in order to best accentuate the natural light.
If you are only familiar with using overhead lighting, consider buying some table lamps. The light created by these fixtures is less cold and far more intimate, adding to the overall welcoming atmosphere of your space.
Secondly, Stage Where You Can. It is not true that each and every room of the house needs this sort of attention. While it certainly doesn’t hurt if you have the time, energy, and space to go through and stage the bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room, garage, etc…it is the reality that most of us simply don’t have the extra hours in the day for this sort of preparation. If this describes your situation, then don’t fear! Simply choose one or two of the most prominent rooms and stage them as best as you can. For the rest, clean and tidy up, but it isn’t necessary for each space to look like a Zen garden.
In short, as long as you have at least a couple rooms thoughtfully staged, you are giving potential buyers the understanding that all the rooms can easily be made to follow suit.
Finally, Consider the Furniture. If your couch is damaged and dirty, consider renting another. If you have a living room full of La-Z-Boys, maybe pull one or two to the garage. Better yet, put some objects up for sale and make some extra cash while also eliminating some of the clutter! By carefully choosing which pieces of furniture to retain and which to remove, you are putting in the valuable effort to achieve a successful staging of a house.
- Home Improvements
- Discover Your Homes Value
- Increasing Your Homes Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Simple Home Repairs
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.