Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior Before Selling
While getting a home ready to sell, many of us make the mistake of thinking that the only thing that matters is the home’s interior. When we do this, we run the risk of spending all of our time rearranging furniture, dusting, and trying to figure out what time of day is best for taking pictures. Then, when the home lands on the market, we don’t understand why people aren’t lining up to place their offers.
The reason is simple. While all of the vacuuming and mopping is important, it is also important not to forget one other key part of a home: the outside. It is easy to forget that the outside exists. After all, we’ve been living on the inside for so long! But you must remember that for most people looking to purchase a home, their initial exposure to your property will come in the form of pictures, and if the outside of the home doesn’t look as charming and well-kept as the inside it is highly likely that they will move on. We’ve already dedicated a piece on some routine yard maintenance, so today we’re going to move to the exterior of the house itself and give you some tips to make your current home a future sale.
Wash Those Windows!
Whether it is with Windex and newspaper or a hose and a sponge does not matter. What is important is that those windows – which you’ve spent perhaps years looking out of without ever really seeing – are the eyes to your home’s soul. A little work goes a long way here, and just by rubbing or blasting off that layer of grime can take your property straight to the top of the people’s “This is My Future Home” list.
Clean That Siding!
Once again, a hose is all you need (although you could also rent a power sprayer for some truly deep cleaning). Blast away the abandoned beehives, cobwebs, leaves, and bird poo and you’ll find yourself looking at a whole new residence. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, the exterior of your house is the first experience people will have when they come a-calling. Because nobody wants to wash the outside of a house, the fact that yours is already gleaming will immediately make a good impression on prospective buyers.
Paint That Trim!
If you’ve got the time and are able to do so, a can of paint from your local hardware store will enable you to place the proverbial cherry on top of your for-sale home. There’s just something about a home with neatly painted trim that warms the heart and communicates that this is indeed the type of place where a family can be happy. Again, a little goes a long way here and with just a little scraping and a little painting you can transform what might otherwise appear like “just another house” into an absolute must see!
By spending a little time on each of these tips your home will become the belle of the ball, shining bright in the constellation of the Quad Cities home-selling market.
- Home Improvements
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Discover Your Homes Value
- Increasing Your Homes Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Eliminating Home Odors Before Selling
- Dealing with Odors in Your Home
- Removing Pesky Home Odors
- Addressing Pet Damage Before Selling Your Home
- Potential Pet Problems During Home-Selling
- Simple Home Repairs
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
- The Difficulties of Home Selling Involving Children
- Fun with Flooring
- Economical Carpet Cleaning Choices
- Carpet Cleaning When Selling Your Home
- DIY Hardwood Floor Installations
- Making an Impression Using Windows
- Easy Window Prep for Home Selling
- Fixing Up Your Home’s Windows
- Tips for Handling Storage While Staging
- Clearing Snow Before Showing a Home
- Ice Management
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.