Carpet Cleaning When Selling Your Home
A slightly more advanced method when it comes to cleaning your carpet consists of purchasing a carpet cleaner and applying it to your space yourself. For this method, steam cleaning is the primary avenue people pursue.
Steam cleaning is far more intensive than simply scrubbing away with a towel and a cleaning solution. It all begins with a cleaning solution, usually one purchased rather than made at home. This will be forcibly injected into the carpet via the steam cleaner’s nozzles. This serves to break up the dirt, knock it from the carpet fibers, and generally loosen up anything that shouldn’t be there. During this process, the cleaning solution will work its way fully down to the carpet backing, providing a truly deep clean.
After the solution is steamed into the carpet, it is time to remove it. Steam cleaners all have a second function, which is the suck function. Running the machine back over the area will cause all the cleaner and the loosened dirt, grease, and grime to rush back into the machine. Your carpets will appear cleaner than ever before.
Studies done by people who study this sort of thing have found that steam cleaning, which also goes by the name of deep cleaning, is the most effective method of home-cleaning a carpet. Carpets that receive a thorough steam clean are, on the whole, 97% cleaner. This includes the removal of dirt, grease, bacteria, and other undesirable substances.
Time can be a factor for this method of cleaning, as will be the thickness of the carpet. Depending on the steam cleaner you purchase, you might be spending only 45 minutes on cleaning the carpet. Then again, you might find yourself sending several hours on the project, slowly going over stained areas as the cleaning machine sucks the fluid and dirt out of the carpet and back into its reservoir.
One of the unsung benefits of purchasing a steam cleaner is the fact that, after you clean the carpet in the home you are looking to sell, you will still own the machine for the home you will be moving to! It is an initial investment, but many people find it is a worthwhile expense for both now and the future.
- Home Improvements
- Major Turn-Offs for Home Buyers
- Discover Your Homes Value
- Increasing Your Homes Value
- Simple Steps to Improving the Yard
- Cleaning Up Your Home’s Exterior
- Preparing Your Home For Sale
- The Interior of Your Home
- Preparing an Empty Home
- Staging a Home for Showing
- Steps to Staging Your Home
- Inspections and Pest Control
- Ridding Your Home of Pests
- Home Appraisals
- Property Assessments
- Enhancing Your Home’s Natural Lighting
- Upgrade Your Home’s Lighting Before Selling
- Eliminating Home Odors Before Selling
- Dealing with Odors in Your Home
- Removing Pesky Home Odors
- Addressing Pet Damage Before Selling Your Home
- Potential Pet Problems During Home-Selling
- Repainting: Why and When it Matters
- The Importance of Repainting
- Should I Stay or Should I Go? Selling a Home in the Winter
- Winter Tricks for Home-Selling
- An Introduction to Selling Your Home in the Spring
- Preparing Garages and Sheds
- Self-Care for Home Sellers
- Simple Home Repairs
- Fixing Up Your Garage Before Selling
- Improving & Updating Your Garage
- The Truth About Roofs
- The Process of Roof Replacements
- Mold Testing & Remediation
- The Search for Mold
- Dangers of Selling a Home With Mold
- Dealing With Water in Your Basement
- Fixing a Flooded Basement
- Home Selling With Children
- The Emotional Challenges of Moving with Children
- Preparing Your Children for Moving Day
- The Difficulties of Home Selling Involving Children
- Fun with Flooring
- Economical Carpet Cleaning Choices
- Carpet Cleaning When Selling Your Home
- DIY Hardwood Floor Installations
- Making an Impression Using Windows
- Easy Window Prep for Home Selling
- Fixing Up Your Home’s Windows
- Tips for Handling Storage While Staging
- Clearing Snow Before Showing a Home
- Ice Management
- Thinking About Plants When Selling Your Home
- Caring for Complicated Cabinets
- Preparing Your Home’s Exterior for Spring
- Porch and Patio Renovations
Couldn’t have asked for more! Rich is prompt, efficient, caring and very personable. Rich was great. Stormy was terrific, and the fact that they took care of a problem that arose long after the closing was serice above and beyond. We were very pleased.
Rich was very helpful in selling our home. Always willing to offer opinions and solutions as we went thru the sales process. He was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend him to help buy or sell your home.
My house was listed and sold in under a week – and the process was easy. Rich’s assistant Stormy was amazing and was always quick to respond to any of my questions. They took care of everything for me.
We found ourselves in a sticky situation, already under contract with a buyer, and then there was a horrible weather event that could have destroyed the sale. Rich was there to hold all the pieces together, and did so much work on all our parts to make sure the deal stayed together. I don’t think we would have sold without him. Rich is a national treasure!
Rich sold our house in 5 days and above asking price! We were pleasantly surprised and thankful for the quick sale, and we know it was due to his expertise and negotiation skills. Additionally, his associate, Michelle Rottach, was incredibly helpful in our search for our new house. Her patience, advice, and expertise was critical to helping us find a forever home that we love. I highly recommend their team to anyone looking to buy or sell!0.3
5 reasons to partner with Rich Bassford
- Consistently one of the Top Selling Agents in QC
- Successfully completed over 1400 transactions in his career.
- Calculates the ideal sale price to meet your expectations and attract buyers.
- Brings interested buyers to your doorstep.
- Maximizes your home’s visibility online and through his network of agents.