Relocating to the Quad Cities: Which City in Iowa is Right for You?
If you have recently made the exciting life-changing decision to relocate to the QC Area, you may catch yourself wondering which city is the best fit for you and your family, especially if you are moving from out-of-state and are unfamiliar with the area. Each of these cities have their own unique benefits & qualities, and we’ve highlighted a few of them below so you can set your mind at ease knowing that you’ve picked the perfect place to purchase your home.
Living in Bettendorf
Located on the Iowa-side of the Mississippi River along with Davenport, Bettendorf is the 4th largest of the Quad Cities, and conveniently nestled along the I-74 and I-80 interstate systems approximately fifteen minutes away from the Quad City International Airport. This family-friendly city features miles of beautiful bike trails, golf courses, restaurants, boutiques, and even a small waterpark. With its top-notch educational system and incredible variety of wonderful residential neighborhoods to choose from, buying a home in Bettendorf has never been easier. Additional points of interest include:
- TBK Sports Complex (BettPlex) – a brand new, luxury 75-acre indoor/outdoor sporting & entertainment complex complete with bowling, arcades, and laser tag.
- The Isle of Capri Casino and Hotel – located in the heart of downtown Bettendorf on the Mississippi riverfront.
Living in Davenport
Davenport, Iowa is the largest of the four Quad Cities and features all of the things you love about big-city living without the headaches & hassle of the mega metropolitan life. Settled in the middle of three major interstate corridors: I-80, I-74, and I-280, Davenport is, without a doubt, one of the best places to live along the Mississippi River. Over the recent years, the city of Davenport has spent an overwhelming amount of time, money, and effort revitalizing its downtown area by adding unique breweries & eateries, mom-and-pop shops, music festivals, and farmer’s markets. The city has also built, renovated, and rehabilitated an incredible amount of residential properties in the area, so you can be sure to find what you’re looking for when you’re searching for the perfect home to buy in Davenport. Additional points of interest include:
- Palmer College of Chiropractic – the first school of chiropractic in the world.
- Modern Wooden Park – an iconic minor-league ballpark overlooking the river, complete with ferris wheel and fair rides.
- Rhythm City Casino Resort – previously a riverboat casino, this relocated, brand new, multi-story casino features fine dining, hospitable hotel rooms, and of course, slot machines and gaming tables as far as the eye can see.
So whether you’re moving to the Quad Cities for business or pleasure, both Davenport and Bettendorf offer an exceptional selection of quality homes for sale, contact Quad Cities real estate agent Rich Bassford today so you can move into the home of your dreams tomorrow!